Egg Roll in a Bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl is a meal that is low-carb, Keto, Whole30, and Paleo but yet has all the flavor of the original. For a delectable, deconstructed egg roll, healthy ground turkey is combined with shredded cabbage, carrots, and Asian flavors in one pot.
This egg roll in a bowl is one of those uncommon foods that is well-liked anywhere it is served.
All the flavors of a typical egg roll are present, but in a simpler, inside-out, deconstructed way.
Ground turkey and low-carb cabbage combine to create a delicious combination of all the great Asian flavors.
This quick one-pot dinner recipe can be prepared in less than 30 minutes, so make a big batch! (Or make two batches and prepare meals for the entire week!)
I don’t know about you, but after eating a typical egg roll, I feel awful. It could be the gluten in the wrapper or the oil in which it was fried. Who needs the wrapper when you have everything delicious inside in one huge bowl?
But did you know that every item included inside the egg roll is actually quite healthy?
So let’s remove all of those healthy ingredients, mix them up in a skillet, and create a recipe for a healthier, ketogenic, and Paleo dinner!
Egg Roll in a Bowl Ingredients
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil split
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey, 93/7
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste or ginger powder
- smashed three garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup of regular sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups of 14-inch-thick shreds of cabbage, shredded.
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce Gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- Salt to taste, 1/2 tsp.
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- toasted sesame oil, 1 teaspoon
- optional toasted sesame seeds
- an optional green onion
- Add ground turkey to a large sauté pan over medium heat and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook for 5-6 minutes, or until turkey is nearly cooked through.
- Add onion and the additional tablespoon of oil after moving the turkey to the side of the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sauté the shredded carrots, ginger, and garlic for two minutes. Combine the turkey and vegetables.
- Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze it before adding chicken broth.
- Add cabbage, coconut aminos or soy sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover with a lid and thoroughly stir. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cabbage is the desired tenderness, on medium-low heat.
- Green onions and toasted sesame seeds should be topped with toasted sesame oil just before serving. Either eat it in a bowl on its own, over regular rice, or with cauliflower rice. Enjoy!