French Onion Chicken
French Onion Chicken – We appreciate the fact that this recipe can be prepared in a single skillet in less than an hour, making it much quicker than French Onion Soup. It is strongly recommended to dunk nice bread into the extra pan sauce.
I deglazed the skillet with a little sherry at the suggestion of others before adding the broth and onions. I used two enormous chicken animals, so I doubled the onion and garlic. turned out lovely, but I felt the flavor was really merely adequate. I believe that everyone like it and ordered more.
French Onion Chicken Ingredients
- three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, split
- 1 large onion, thinly cut after being half
- freshly cut thyme, 2 teaspoons
- Halal salt
- black pepper freshly ground
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 3/4 pounds of boneless, skinless, and diced into 1″ pieces chicken breasts
- Oregano, dried, 12 tsp.
- All-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons
- Low-sodium beef broth and 1 cup of grated Gruyère
- parsley, freshly chopped, as a garnish (optional)
- Step 1: Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Diminish intensity to medium-low and cook, blending once in a while until onions are caramelized and jammy, around 25 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute until fragrant. Remove the onion mixture and turn off the heat. Clean the skillet.
- Step 2: Toss the chicken with flour after seasoning it with salt, pepper, and oregano in a large bowl. In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil to medium-high temperature. Cook the chicken for about 8 minutes, or until it is mostly cooked through and golden brown on all sides.
- Step 3: Return the caramelized onions to the skillet and add beef broth. After bringing the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the beef broth has slightly reduced.
- Step 4: Cover the skillet with a lid and add the gruyère. In about two minutes, cook until cheese is melted. Before serving, remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley.