Greek Chicken Meatballs
Greek Chicken Meatballs are perfect for a quick weeknight dinner because they are so simple to make and packed with flavor. Serve the meatballs with your favorite vegetables and a heaping scoop of homemade tzatziki!
The Best, and the simplest Greek Chicken Meatballs
Packed with Flavor – These meatballs are seriously loaded with flavor thanks to the combination of fresh herbs, garlic, and spices.
Make the meatball – mixture, fry the meatballs, and then serve with your favorite sides for a quick and easy meal!
Perfect for meal prep – These meatballs are a great option for meal prep because you can make them ahead of time and then reheat them throughout the week for a great source of protein!
Meatball Making Hints and Tips
- To form the meatballs, scoop the mixture into a cookie dough scoop and roll it between your hands. This greatly simplifies things!
- To prevent the mixture from sticking, lightly dampen your hands before rolling the meatballs.
- Using a meat thermometer, check that each meatball reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees each time for perfectly cooked meatballs.
- Do you want to simplify things even more? Try making the meatball mixture in two batches. Transfer half of the mixture to a container that is safe for freezing and freeze it for later use before scooping and rolling.
FAQs and Substitutions for Ingredients
You don’t have any ground chicken? substitute ground turkey in its place!
If you run out of fresh herbs, you can substitute dried herbs. One tablespoon of fresh herbs to one teaspoon of dry herbs is the golden ratio for turning dried herbs to fresh.
Are you out of lemon zest? Simply replace it with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice in the meatball mixture.
Making Greek chicken meatballs at home
Step 1: Combine all of the ingredients for the meatballs in a small bowl using your hands. The chicken mixture should then be scooped out with a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop before being formed into meatballs with your hands.
Step 2: When the meatballs are ready, add a tablespoon of oil and heat a sizable skillet over medium heat. The meatballs should then be added to the hot skillet and cooked for about 3–4 minutes on each side, or until browned and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. The size of your skillet may need you to perform this in batches.
Step 3: Arrange the meatballs over romaine lettuce cut with feta, tomato, cucumber, and rice.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- chopped romaine
- feta, for serving
- white rice
- TZATZIKI SAUCE
- Mix the meatball ingredients with your hands in a small bowl until thoroughly blended. The chicken mixture should then be scooped out with a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop before being formed into meatballs with your hands.
- When the meatballs are ready, add a tablespoon of oil and heat a large skillet over medium heat. The meatballs should then be added to the hot skillet and cooked for about 3–4 minutes on each side, or until browned and the internal temperature reaches 165°F. The size of your skillet may need you to perform this in batches.
- Serve the meatballs with feta, cucumber, tomato, rice, tzatziki sauce, and chopped romaine lettuce.
If you enjoyed this blueberry cookie recipe, you should definitely try the other recipes at X2Coupons.com