Ground turkey recipe
Ground turkey – This recipe would also be delicious with lean ground chicken or even pig. With plain white or brown rice and vegetables like broccoli, spinach, and carrots, this recipe for ground turkey features a sauce that is spicy, sweet, sour, and somewhat salty. The freshness of the chopped chives and the toasty, nutty flavor of the sesame seeds offer the finishing touches to your dinner, both of which have a strong Asian influence.
This simple ground turkey Korean recipe will quickly become a staple in your home if you enjoy Asian cuisine. This is a really simple and quick recipe that is sure to impress your family and friends because it takes only 45 minutes to prepare from beginning to end, not including the time it takes to make white rice.
Making a traditional Korean dish with this recipe prepared in a Korean style is delicious and simple. If you’re looking for a leaner protein option than beef or pork, ground turkey is a fantastic substitute. This dish is flavorful and will go over well with your family and friends. Enjoy it while serving it over rice or noodles.
Ground turkey recipe Ingredients
- Soy sauce, 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- Red chili flakes to taste, or 1/2 tsp
- 2/batch sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Ground turkey, 15 oz./450 g.
- chives, chopped, 6 tbsp.
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Combine the chili flakes, brown sugar, cornstarch, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Dissolve the cornstarch in the mixture and set aside.
- Add the garlic and ginger to a large skillet coated in sesame oil, stir, and wait for them to become fragrant. Mix in the ground turkey until it is broken up into small pieces. Fry the ground turkey until it is no longer raw red.
- Add the mixture of soy sauces and stir, and cook for an additional 2 minutes on high heat until the sauce is fragrant and golden brown (add 1 tablespoon water if it is too thick). Turn off the heat and add the chives, keeping some for garnish.
- Garnish with chopped chives and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with vegetables and rice.