Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is a flavorful, gluten-free meal that can be made in one pot and is good for the entire family.
This Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet is ample evidence that eating healthfully doesn’t require eating bland, uninteresting cuisine.
It’s a straightforward but delectable concoction of nutritious ingredients that will nourish your family and have them pleading with you to prepare it once more.
Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet Ingredients
- 2 large or 3 tiny sweet potatoes, chopped and peeled (about 3 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper and 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- 1.5 teaspoons of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- one tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil should be heated in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. After one minute, add the garlic and the ground turkey. Break up the meat with a wooden spoon, and cook for another 8 minutes until it is browned.
- Add salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Mix thoroughly to incorporate.
- Cook the bell pepper and onion for three to four minutes.
- Add water and diced sweet potato. Cover with a lid and stir for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft. During this process, if necessary, add additional water to prevent the meat from drying out.
- Remove the lid, and if necessary, add more salt and pepper. Place the shredded mozzarella on top and let it melt. Before serving, remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle it with fresh cilantro.