Healthy and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Healthy and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip – Even without the cheese, it’s creamy and addictive, and it’s the ideal snack to serve at game day or get-togethers!
A good buffalo chicken dip is a popular low carb and keto game day food that everyone enjoys. The flavor is simply addictive; it goes great with vegetables or chips and you never get tired of it! While the traditional version is made with cheese, this paleo and Whole30 buffalo chicken dip doesn’t include any dairy. But still tastes fantastic whether you eat cheese or not!
Healthy and Whole30 Buffalo Chicken Dip Ingredients
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken (1 pound raw)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (paleo)
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot Original) or more to taste
- 1 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp celery seeds
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine all of the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. If you like, you can taste and add more hot sauce.
- Using a spatula, smooth out the top, transfer the mixture to a small baking dish.
- For 20 minutes, bake in a preheated oven until the edges are lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve warm with your favorite vegetables, such as cucumbers, celery, and carrots. If you are not doing the Whole30, you can also enjoy it with tortillas or crackers that are free of gluten.
- You can use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken to make this low carb buffalo chicken dip recipe super simple.
- If you only have raw chicken, pan fry 1 pound of chicken breasts or thighs over medium high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side before shredding for this recipe.
- Frank’s Red Hot Original is my favorite hot sauce to use when making my own buffalo sauce. If you use a different hot sauce with a different level of heat, you may need to adjust the amount in the recipe.
- This paleo buffalo chicken dip will last up to 4-5 days chilled. To reheat the leftovers, you can microwave it or heat it again in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.