Healthy Grilled Pineapple Chicken
Healthy Grilled Pineapple Chicken – A summertime favorite is this healthful recipe for grilled pineapple chicken thighs. This mouthwatering grilled chicken, which is made with fresh and healthful ingredients, has a straightforward pineapple marinade.
Healthy Grilled Pineapple Chicken Ingredients
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into rounds with the core out, skin removed (see recipe notes)
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs without bones (or breasts)
For the Healthy Grilled Pineapple Chicken marinade:
- Coconut aminos, 1/2 cup
- If you don’t have any pineapple juice, use water instead.
- quarter-cup tomato paste
- 4-6 pitted dates, softened in warm water for ten to fifteen minutes, then drained
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon
For serving and topping:
- white rice or cauliflower (Cauli rice for Whole30)
- combined greens
- chopped scallions (for topping)
- To soften dates, soak them in warm water as directed.
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend on high speed until smooth to make the marinade. If necessary, stop and scrape the sides down before continuing.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and place it in a shallow dish or bowl. Coat by tossing. Refrigerate for up to 24 hours with a cover or for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut the pineapple into rounds according to the instructions as you get close to grilling. Set aside the tough inner core that was cut out of the rounds.
- Bring your grill to a high temperature, about 500° F. Cook the chicken and pineapple on the grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, depending on the size of the chicken, flipping once and basting with any remaining marinade. When the pineapple has been grilled to your liking, remove it (we grilled it for three to four minutes per side).
- Choose a side to accompany the chicken and pineapple, such as rice or greens (or greens and rice).Enjoy.