Healthy White Chicken Chili
Healthy White Chicken Chili is nice and creamy, but there is no cream in that! Chickpeas are combined to make it thick and creamy, along with chicken, corn, green chiles, and chicken. Even the slow cooker can be used to make this simple recipe for white chicken chili, which is sure to become a new family favorite. Serve with Mexican chips, avocado, and cilantro.
Healthy White Chicken Chili Ingredients
- Olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 chopped medium white onion
- green chiles in a can, mild (or sub 2 seeded and diced jalapenos)
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- Chili powder, two tablespoons
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- Oregano, dry, 1/8 teaspoon
- 4 cups of chicken broth with no salt
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus additional salt to taste
- black pepper freshly ground
- 1 and a half pounds of skinless, boneless chicken thighs (or chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- Juice from 1 medium lime and 3 tablespoons of fresh, chopped cilantro
- As a garnish
- Strips or chips of tortilla
- added cilantro
- sliced avocados
- extra slice of lime
- Place a large dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Cook the green chiles and onion for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
- After that, add the dried oregano, chili powder, coriander, and cumin; After 30 seconds of stirring, add chicken broth, one can of drained chickpeas (about 1 1/2 cups), uncooked chicken breast, and salt and pepper. Stew on medium low intensity for 20-30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken with two forks after 20 minutes with a slotted spoon. Coriander and fresh lime juice should then be added.
- Blend the remaining can of rinsed and drained chickpeas (about 1 1/2 cups) with 12 cups water (or broth). Add a little more water if necessary to blend until the mixture is somewhat smooth.
- In a soup pot, add the cooked chickpeas and stir in the corn. Allow the soup to simmer for an additional five to ten minutes. Present with tortilla chips, an additional lime wedge and avocado assuming you’d like. Serves Four Enjoy!