Honey Sesame Chicken
Honey Sesame Chicken – A rich, sweet honey sesame sauce is slathered all over the crispy, fried chicken. a meal that is popular in Chinese restaurants. One of those chicken recipes that you can make in under 30 minutes is this one.
If you double the portion, an easy chicken recipe that comes together quickly can be served as a weekday meal for the entire family! It tastes great with fried rice, brown rice, or white rice.
Even the next day, it’s still delicious! My honey garlic sesame chicken recipe definitely strikes the spot when it’s done at home. It is a family favorite and has a flavor that is almost like Chinese takeout!
It almost has the same flavor as the honey sesame chicken from Panda Express. It’s one of those Chinese dishes that you keep having again and again.
Honey Sesame Chicken Ingredients
- 1 pound of chopped skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Cornstarch, 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or another oil with a mild flavor
Honey Sesame Chicken Sauce:
- 1/2 cup honey
- Regular soy sauce, 2.5 tablespoons (not light or dark soy sauce)
- 2/batch sesame oil
- White granulated sugar, 1/2 tbsp
- 10 grams of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Shaoxing Cooking, 2 tsp Wine or Dry Sherry Wine as a Substitute
- 1/3 cup water, 1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 12 sliced green onion stalk
- Set aside the Sauce ingredients in a bowl after thoroughly combining them.
- Depending on the size of your thighs, slice them into 6 to 8 equal bite-sized pieces. Move to an enormous bowl.
- Add salt to the diced chicken. After that, incorporate the cornstarch with tongs until the chicken is coated. Avoid overmixing. Tip: To ensure an even coating, turn the tongs several times to incorporate the starch into the chicken (see video for examples).
- Add oil to a wok or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. As soon as the oil is hot, carefully remove the coated chicken. Separated quickly. Fry for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden and crispy on both sides. Transfer the chicken to a plate and remove it from the pan. See the Notes section below for Air Fryer instruction). Get rid of any unused oil.
- Pour the sauce back into the pan and simmer over medium heat until it thickens.
- When sauce is thick, throw seared chicken into sauce and blend until each piece is covered. Turn off the heat. Optional: Add more sesame seeds and green onions for a garnish. Enjoy!
- Transfer the breaded chicken to the air fryer, being sure to give each piece ample room (You may need to air fry in two batches if needed). Spray the chicken with adequate oil. For 12 to 14 minutes, air fried at 400°F until golden and crispy.
- I air-fried my food for 14 minutes at 400 degrees using a Philips air fryer for a crispy texture. If you’re using a different appliance, check your chicken at 12 minutes and, if necessary, air fry it for an additional couple of minutes until you achieve the texture you want.