How to make a life changing baked ziti
Baked ziti can be dry if several important actions aren’t taken. Since it is a filling, tasty, and affordable dinner, shouldn’t it be amazing? Learn how to create baked ziti that will make people remember you!
Do you enjoy the flavor of precisely al dente pasta, marinara sauce, and the cozy coziness of lasagna but not the labor-intensive preparation? Then baked ziti is the solution!
In less than an hour, you can have this traditional comfort food on your plate, but more importantly, I’ll show you how I keep my ziti moist and prevent it from drying up in the interim.
However, let’s first discuss cheese.
Baked ziti Ingredients
For the sauce
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 Tbsp.
- 1 organic onion, cut finely (12 cup)
- 3 cloves of organic, minced garlic
- Marinara Sauce, 5 cups (about 46 ounces)
- Sea salt, 1 to 2 tablespoons, freshly ground black pepper
- Ziti, dried, 1 lb ( or penne pasta)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese made with whole milk
- One organic egg
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese, 1/2 Cup
- 8 ounces of freshly grated organic whole milk mozzarella cheese
- Provolone cheese, 8–12 slices, off the deli counter
- The oven should be heated to 375°F.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the onion for 1-2 minutes until soft. Salt and pepper the garlic before adding it, and cook for another minute.
- Add the marinara sauce and intensity until hot.
- In the meantime, add the pasta to water that is simmering but not boiling. Cook the pasta for about 6 minutes, or until it is al dente and still has some bite, stirring occasionally.
- As the pasta is cooking, in a little bowl, consolidate the ricotta cheddar, egg, parmesan cheddar and a sprinkle of sugar whenever wanted.
- Cover the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan with olive oil by a tablespoon or two.
- Half of the pasta that has been drained and half of the sauce should be added. Mix thoroughly.
- On top of the pasta, sprinkle a few dollops of ricotta cheese.4-6 slices of Provolone cheese and half a mozzarella cheese on top.
- Make sure that all of the pasta is thoroughly coated in sauce by repeating with the remaining pasta, sauce, ricotta cheese, and cheeses.
- Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese, and bake for 30 minutes UNCOVERED at 375 degrees. To achieve a nice brown, bubbly cheese, place the ziti under the broiler at the end.