Instant Pot Hot Beef Sandwich And Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Hot Beef Sandwich And Mashed Potatoes are served on the side with delicious roast meat and brown gravy over toasted white bread. Home-cooked dining!
Instant Pot Hot Beef Sandwich And Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
For the roast beef and gravy:
- 3 pounds of beef chuck roast that has been defatted
- Garlic powder and one teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup beef broth and 1 dry mix packet of brown gravy
For the mashed potatoes:
- 3 pounds of diced and peeled Russet potatoes
- kosher salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/fourth cup sour cream
For the sandwich in Instant Pot Hot Beef Sandwich And Mashed Potatoes:
- 1/2 slices of Texas toast or white bread
- Season the hamburger: Add the salt and garlic powder to the chuck roast and rub it in. Place the chuck roast in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add broth.
- Make beef: Lock the lid on the Instant Pot and cover it. Verify that the valve is set to seal. Select 70 minutes on the manual or pressure cook button. Move the valve to venting (quick release) when the time is up.
- Prepare potatoes: Open the Instant Pot and place the beef on top of a steamer basket in the pot. Add the potatoes to the liner bin. (In the event that you do not have a steamer basket, simply add the potatoes to the Instant Pot. Set the valve to sealing, secure the lid, and press the manual or pressure cook button for eight minutes. After the time has expired, switch the valve to venting and allow the pressure to naturally release for fifteen minutes. Eliminate the top.
- Make potato mash: Mash the potatoes by dumping them into a large bowl. Stir or mash in the butter, milk, kosher salt, garlic powder, and sour cream until smooth and creamy.
- Make the gravy by: The roast should rest on a cutting board. To remove the fat from the broth in the Instant Pot, use a fat separator*.Back into the Instant Pot, add the strained broth. Select the saute setting on the Instant Pot. Whisk in the gravy packet slowly. Within a short time, it will begin to thicken. A cornstarch slurry (in a small bowl, whisk together 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 1-2 tablespoons of water until smooth) can be added to thicken the gravy. After that, add the ingredients to the Instant Pot. The cornstarch will quickly thicken the contents of the pot.
- The gravy can be tasted with salt and pepper.
- Slice the beef: Slice or shred the roast. Sprinkle it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the sandwiches together: Toast the bread slices (optional).On a plate, place a portion of the roast beef on a slice of bread. Add another piece of bread to the top of the sandwich. Mash some potatoes and place them on the plate. Mash potatoes and the sandwich should be topped with gravy. Enjoy the food!