INSTANT POT SCALLOPED POTATOES
Scalloped potatoes made in an instant pot have a delicious flavor and are creamy and cheesy. This is the quickest and simplest method to create them, which makes them even better.
My initial reaction was that I would never make scalloped potatoes in any other way after preparing these in the Instant Pot for the first time.
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
For all the reasons indicated below, I adore these scalloped potatoes from the Instant Pot. They are really delicious and deliciously textured.
I must admit, though, that the reason I adore this dish is that it’s among the quickest Instant Pot Recipes and is incredibly quick and simple. How simple it is to make in the Instant Pot never ceases to amaze me.
- Great flavor
- Good texture
- Takes far less time to prepare than baked scalloped potatoes.
What Do I Need To Make Scalloped Potatoes In An Instant Pot
Please take note that you must scroll down to the printed recipe card at the bottom of this blog article if you’re seeking for the ingredient list with the precise measurements.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Sliced onions
- Minced garlic
- Chicken broth or vegetable broth.
- You could also use water instead of broth, but I like the flavor that the broth adds.
You will undoubtedly need potatoes. I suggest medium-sized russet or Yukon gold potatoes. They must be peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
You will also need heavy cream and cheeses like gruyere or white cheddar. The cheese Cheddar would also work.
If you don’t have any onions, just leave them out and the dish will still be delicious. I think the same applies to the minced garlic. If you have any garlic, include it. If you don’t, don’t include it. Another option is to use 1/2 teaspoon each of onion and garlic powder.
You’ll need salt, pepper, dried thyme, and cayenne for seasoning (optional).
See my recipe for Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes for a more thorough explanation of the ingredients and possible replacements.
How To Make Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
An overview of the steps for making scalloped potatoes in an instant pot may be seen below. For the printable recipe card with step-by-step instructions and exact ingredient measurements, scroll down to the bottom of this blog page.
- In the Instant Pot, sauté the onions and garlic in butter.
2. Add the potatoes that have been peeled and thinly sliced after adding the chicken or vegetable broth.
3. Nextly Stress Cook at a high pressure for one minute. It is NOT a typo that there is only one minute.
4. After it has been under strain for one minute, perform a QUICK RELEASE.
5. Place the potatoes in a casserole dish that can be baked. LESSEN the liquid in the pressure cooker.
6. After adding the shredded cheese and seasonings to the Inner Liner Pot of the Instant Pot, pour the heavy cream into the inner pot with the leftover liquid.
7.The potatoes should be coated with the cheesy cream sauce that has been added.
8.Scalloped potatoes should be roasted for three minutes under a preheated broiler. Watch them closely because they can rapidly go from flawless to scorched.
Tips For Making Scalloped Potatoes In the Instant Pot
- The thickness of the potato slices is important since it can change how long the potatoes need to cook and how they turn out.
- An Instant Pot is often designed to be set and forgotten. But stay close to your Instant Pot because this only needs a short release after 1 minute of pressure cooking. If you don’t immediately perform a rapid release, the potatoes risk becoming overdone.
- Keep an eye on the potatoes as they broil. The potatoes’ tops will immediately turn brown. For me, it took around 3 minutes, but your oven and broiler may take longer or shorter.