Keto lasagna is the most decadent and mouthwatering keto pasta recipe you can prepare. You’d never think that each serving of this low carb lasagna has just 3.5 NET CARBS because it’s made with layers of a flavorful meat sauce, a rich ricotta filling, and profoundly cheesy keto lasagna noodles!
Keto lasagna Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (120g) of room temperature cream cheese
- a third cup (30g) of grated parmesan
- shredded mozzarella, 1 cup plus 1/2 cup (180g)
- Garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- 1.5 lbs (750 g) or so of ground beef
- 1/2 minced red bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 500g or a bit more than 2 cups of tomato passata
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning mix
- Pepper and salt
- 250g or 1 cup of ricotta
- Grated (30g) parmesan, one-third cup
- nutmeg, just a pinch
- 2/fourths cup heavy cream
- heavy cream, 2 tablespoons
Keto lasagna Topping:
- shredded mozzarella, 1 cup (113g)
- ¼ cup (20g) (20g)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and line it with the oven at 350°F (175°C). Using a hand mixer, combine the cream cheese and eggs in a large bowl. I used a 13X18 pan to make an 8×16 rectangle. The edges will be a little thinner.
- Mix in the spices and parmesan. Then, add the mozzarella and combine with a spoon.
- Layer the mixture evenly on a baking sheet. 20 to 25 minutes bake. Allow it to completely cool.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and cook the ground beef, stirring frequently, for 5-8 minutes.
- Cook for an additional five minutes after adding bell pepper, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- After that, combine all of the ingredients for the ricotta filling in a small bowl until well combined.
- Then, for the assembly of the lasagna, cut the cooled pasta into three equal pieces.
- Pour an even layer of meat sauce into an 8×8-inch baking dish before assembling. After that, evenly distribute some ricotta filling over the first sheet of pasta that has been placed on top of the sauce.
- For the subsequent two layers, proceed in this order: pasta sheet, sauce, ricotta filling.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the top is browned and the cheese is bubbling, at 350°F (175°C). Top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Enjoy your lasagna sliced!