Kujirai Ramen – Bouncy instant ramen noodles cooked in a luscious creamy cheesy sauce with runny egg, green onions with optional garlic.
This easy ramen hack is surprisingly flavorful and delicious, and it only takes 3 minutes to prepare!
Kujirai Ramen Ingredients
- 1 pack spicy soup-based instant ramen (the brands Jin Ramen or Shin Ramen work well!)
- 1/2 ramen seasoning packets
- 1 pack dried vegetable flakes for instant ramen
- 1 egg
- 1-2 slices American cheese sliced in half (or sub with normal cheddar cheese) (or sub with normal cheddar cheese)
- Water (275 mL)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 minced garlic clove (optional)
- Add water, instant ramen seasoning, instant dried vegetable flakes, and garlic to a pan that is about 10 inches wide. Bring to a turning stew over low-medium intensity. If you turn up the heat beyond this point, the water will quickly evaporate.
- Add instant ramen once the water has come to a low simmer. Each side of instant ramen should be cooked for 20-30 seconds. Make a well in the noodles and crack an egg into it as soon as they are loose.
- To cook the egg for one minute, cover it with a lid. Sliced cheese and green onions should be added once the egg whites are opaque. Enjoy after cooking for one more minute!
Kujirai ramen microwave instructions:
- Simply add water, instant ramen with the seasoning, dried veggie flakes and garlic (optional) into a large microwave safe bowl.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap. Cook for 1 minute on high. Carefully peel back the plastic wrap and watch for steam.
- Then, loosen the noodles by making a well in the center. Crack the egg into the well and poke a hole in the yolk (to prevent it from exploding) (to prevent it from exploding).
- Cover with plastic wrap again and poke some more holes into the plastic to allow the steam to escape. Microwave for an additional 2-2:30 minutes.
- Remove the cover and top with the cheese and green onions. Enjoy!