Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken – Tender chicken is stir-fried with bell peppers, onions, peanuts, and dried chilies in a savory, sweet, hot kung pao sauce.
A delicious classic Chinese meal that is well-known and flavorful! 30 minutes to prepare and great as a main dish. You can leave out the red chili flakes and Sichuan pepper flakes if you don’t like spicy food.
Kung Pao Chicken Ingredients
- 1.25 pounds of chopped skinless, boneless chicken thighs (skinless boneless)
- Not light or dark, 2 teaspoons of ordinary soy sauce!
- Shaoxing Cooking, 2 tsp Dry sherry wine or wine
- Vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of ordinary soy sauce not dark or light!
- Dark soy sauce, 1 tablespoon
- 1-tablespoon rice vinegar (sub with Chinese black vinegar or white vinegar)
- White granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon water
- Shaoxing Cooking, 1 tablespoon Dry sherry wine or wine
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Sichuan peppercorns or red chili flakes, depending on your preference (1/2 tsp = mild, 1 tsp = spicy).
- as needed, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 10 dried red chiles and 1/4 cup of shelled, roasted peanuts
- 1 diced white onion
- 2 finely chopped green onion stalks
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- Cut each chicken thigh into approximately 8 cubes.
- While you prepare the ingredients for the stir fry, marinate cubed chicken for ten minutes in the marinade.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together well in a bowl. Place aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to a hot, medium-high-heat wok, followed by the marinated chicken. Spread the chicken out quickly and fry both sides for about 5 minutes until cooked through. Move the chicken to a plate after removing it.
- If necessary, add additional oil to the same wok over medium-high heat. Add dried red chilies, peanuts, white onions, and green onions. For one minute, stir fry. Stir-fry the bell peppers for one minute.
- Add cooked chicken and throw with different fixings.
- Pour the sauce over the top and combine everything. Cook for between 30 and 1 minute. Serve and enjoy. Remove from heat.