Low-Carb Greek Chicken Bowls
Low-Carb Greek Chicken Bowls are vibrant and flavorful, and they are packed with nutrients. The traditional components of a Greek salad—tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, olives, and feta cheese—are served with skillet-grilled, season-seasoned chicken. Served with a side of tart, garlicky Tzatziki sauce or dressing, depending on how you want to serve this low-carb, gluten-free chicken dish.
A chicken salad bowl that is so straightforward yet filling and healthy is perfect for lunch (at home or at the office) or as a quick and simple weeknight supper. This excellent recipe is from Alex and Lauren Lester’s Cast Iron Keto cookbook (read more about the book below).
Low-Carb Greek Chicken Bowls Ingredients
- Cut into 1-inch pieces, 1 lb (455 g) of boneless, skinless chicken breast (2.5-cm) cubes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) (45 ml) olive juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) (30 ml) citrus juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (3 g) (3 g) Italian seasoning (see notes below)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces (224 grams) of full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 medium grated Persian cucumber
- 2 grated garlic cloves
- 1 medium lemon’s zest
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) (15 ml) juice of fresh lemons
- 2 tbsp (8 g) (8 g) freshly minced dill
- use as needed, sea salt
- as necessary, black pepper
Red Wine Vinegar Dressing
- 45 ml/3 tbsp of olive oil
- Red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon (15 ml).
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- to taste, sea salt
Salad Toppings for Low-Carb Greek Chicken Bowls
- 1 big sliced Persian cucumber
- 1 cup (150 g) halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (58 g) of red onion, finely sliced
- Pitted 13 cup (33 g) Kalamata olives
- 4 oz (112 g) crumbled feta cheese
- In a container that can be sealed, combine the chicken, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, Greek seasoning, and salt. Marinate the chicken in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to expedite.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, salt, and black pepper to make the tzatziki. The tzatziki should be refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Over medium-high heat, heat a 10-inch (25 cm) or larger cast-iron skillet. In the skillet, add the marinated chicken. The chicken should be cooked for a total of 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until it is brown and the internal temperature is 165°F (74°C).
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, and salt to make the red wine vinegar dressing.
- Divide the chicken among the four individual serving bowls to assemble the bowls. The cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, and feta cheese should be topped with the chicken. Just before serving, top each bowl with tzatziki and drizzle with the red wine vinegar dressing.