Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls
Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls will keep you going throughout the morning. This freezer-friendly vegetarian and gluten-free breakfast dish!
Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls Ingredients
- Yukon gold potatoes, 2 pounds, cut into pieces of 1 inch.
- one green pepper, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, diced into 1″ pieces homemade gluten-free seasoned salt extra virgin olive oil (see notes for recipe) both pepper
- 12 eggs
- 4 ounces of newly grated cheddar cheese
- 3 chopped green onions
- Avocado, tortilla chips, and salsa are the toppings.
- 6 small glass or Tupperware containers with lids
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the potatoes, peppers, and onions on a large sheet pan with extra virgin olive oil, homemade seasoned salt, and pepper until well-coated. After transferring half of the vegetables to a second sheet pan, roast both pans for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring and rotating halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and golden brown.
- In the meantime, whisk the eggs until smooth and season with salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the eggs to a large skillet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray and heated to medium. Scoop the eggs onto a plate and set aside after being scrambled until just barely cooked through and still slightly glossy.
- After evenly distributing the potatoes and eggs among the containers, set them aside to cool. Cover and refrigerate after it has cooled, then sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Any leftovers should be frozen for three days.
- Reheating frozen food: microwave at half power for 1-1/2 minutes then mix and keep microwaving until food is warmed, blending between stretches. Serve after topping with optional toppings.
- The great thing about these make-ahead breakfast bowls is that they keep well in the fridge and freezer for easy and filling meals throughout the week. Simply divide the eggs and potatoes among six freezer-safe containers, and then let them cool slightly. Add green onions and cheese grated on top, then cover with a lid. Place in the refrigerator for up to three days or the freezer for one to two months.
- When reheating bowls from the freezer, heat on 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes, stir, and then heat on full power, stirring about every 30 seconds, until well heated.
- Enjoy hours of energy whether you have these Make-Ahead Breakfast Bowls right away or reheat each morning.