Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos
Ahead Breakfast Burritos are ideal if you need a quick, healthy grab-and-go breakfast during the hectic week. To fill your freezer with these for a quick breakfast on the fly, prepare them over the weekend or once every few weeks.
One of the first meals I made to fill my freezer was breakfast burritos. In all honesty, I used to go through the drive-through for a breakfast sandwich or burrito almost every morning. Even though I love smoothies for breakfast, I still enjoy eggs occasionally, especially when they are wrapped in a tortilla with veggies, sausage, and cheese. Yum!
Ahead Breakfast Burritos Ingredients
- two pounds of breakfast sausage
- 18 big eggs
- 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon of powdered onion
- 1 salt shakerful
- a single peppercorn
- one salsa cup
- Cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups
- Twenty tortilla shells
- Cook the sausage in a large pan that has been coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until it is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Make crumbles out of it as it cooks. Cooking the sausage takes about ten minutes.
- As the sausage is cooking, mix the egg mixture together. Whisk the spices and eggs together. Place aside.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the cooked sausage from the pan to drain as much grease as possible. Put everything in a bowl and set it aside.
- Spray the pan once more with cooking spray after cleaning it.
- Heat over medium intensity and pour in the egg combination. Scramble the eggs by moving them around with a spatula as they cook. Remove the eggs from the heat once they are cooked.
- Incorporate the cheese, salsa, and sausage into the eggs.
- Put the breakfast burritos together. Fill the tortilla’s center with 1/3 cup. Roll up after folding the sides in. Continue making the remaining burritos.
- Place the burritos in the freezer after wrapping them in plastic wrap.
- Wrap in a paper towel after removing the plastic wrap to heat. In the microwave, heat for three to five minutes or until heated through.