MEDITERRANEAN CAULIFLOWER SALAD
Mediterranean cauliflower salad started in the dead of winter. I roasted a head of cauliflower in the oven before searching the refrigerator and pantry for ingredients to assemble a salad. After a few adjustments in the test kitchen, this finished product is even better than I had hoped. It’s almost ideal!
A nice reminder to shop locally and utilize organically grown vegetables and herbs whenever possible, as with all of our recipes. Our gratitude for all the local farmers has something to do with it, and we also believe that using organic ingredients makes everything taste better.
Thankfully, we’ve appreciated it as either a salad or a side dish, but we’re still not sure. With a square of our SKILLET CORNBREAD or a slice of SOURDOUGH, you may offer our MEDITERRANEAN CAULIFLOWER SALAD as a quick dinner. It also complements two of our most well-liked main dishes, EASY GRILLED CHICKEN and LAMB LOIN CHOPS, both of which are served with MINT CHIMICHURRI on the side.
Mediterranean cauliflower salad Ingredients
For the cauliflower of Mediterranean cauliflower salad:
- 1 head of roughly chopped cauliflower drizzled with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper
For the salad:
- 2 tablespoons capers, roughly chopped 3 garlic cloves
- finely diced 14 red onion
- sliced and chopped 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- quartered 4 tiny cucumbers
- roughly chopped 1/2 cup artichokes,
- roughly chopped 8-12 pitted green olives
- half and sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt, and lemon juice to taste
- Set the oven to 425°F.
- How to cook cauliflower: The cauliflower’s outer leaves should be trimmed and thrown away. After removing the inner core, separate the florets. Divide the inner core and florets into chunks. Apply extra-virgin olive oil to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Transfer to the oven and season with salt and pepper. The cauliflower should be stirred halfway through the roasting time.
- Prepare additional components: In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, garlic, olives, artichokes, parsley, and capers. Add a dash of chili powder.
- Assemble: When the cauliflower is finished, add it to the bowl and throw with different fixings. Add the lemon juice, salt, and extra virgin olive oil. Serve after a second toss.