Mediterranean Flatbread pizza
Mediterranean Flatbread pizza is the ideal quick and straightforward vegetarian meal for a busy weeknight! The handmade spinach pesto, mozzarella, feta, artichoke hearts, red onion, grape tomatoes, and black olives are added to the crisp, crunchy base of my 5 Minute Flatbread.
Mediterranean Flatbread pizza Ingredients
- 2-crust flatbread (homemade or storebought)
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- 1/2 cup pesto with spinach
- 8 ounces of grated mozzarella
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of red onion, finely sliced
- Black olive slices in a 2.25 oz. can
- One cup of cut-up artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup of feta crumbles
- Oregano, dry, 1 teaspoon
- Halal salt
Mediterranean Flatbread pizza Garnish:
- fresh arugula leaves and freshly cut parsley
- Bake at 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Follow the instructions to bake my quick and easy flatbread or buy two flatbread crusts from the store.
- Olive oil is used to brush both crusts.
- Spread the pesto in an even layer over the crusts. Divide it evenly.
- Divide the cheese shredded among the two crusts.
- Oregano, tomatoes, onion, black olives, artichoke hearts, feta, and a pinch of Kosher salt should all be included.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the vegetables are tender.
- Enjoy by garnishing with arugula and freshly chopped parsley!
- My quick and easy flatbread dough is highly recommended if you have five minutes. The dough can be made in your food processor without the need for yeast, and you only need to knead it for one minute! Stonefire naans, on the other hand, are my favorite store-bought flatbreads if you don’t have time or energy to make your own.
- In this recipe, pizza dough can also be used in place of flatbread. My quick and simple pizza dough recipe and my no-knead pizza dough recipe are two options. Alternately, you can make use of your preferred pre-made dough. Simply roll it thinly, poke it all over with a fork, and bake it at 550 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Adjust the ratios of the toppings to suit the preferences of your family. The ideal ratio of 14 cup of sauce, 4 ounces of cheese, and about a cup of vegetables to ensure that the flatbread does not become soggy while simultaneously introducing numerous flavors is
- You can use store-bought spinach pesto in its place if you don’t have any of my homemade spinach pesto on hand, or you can use olive oil and thinly sliced garlic to cover the crust. This will enhance the flavor and replace some of the pesto’s shortcomings.