Mediterranean Yellow Rice Recipe
Mediterranean Yellow Rice Recipe produces the fluffiest, most flavorful rice possible! Before cooking the rice to the ideal tenderness, onion, turmeric, and cumin are sautéed to release the aromatics. Serve this vegan Greek pilaf as a side dish with kebobs, lamb koftas, or grilled vegetables. Toasted pine nuts can be added for crunch.
Mediterranean Yellow Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons of olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 a sweet onion, minced, 3 smashed garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon each of cumin, paprika, and turmeric
- To taste, 1 14 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups of drained and washed basmati rice
- 1.5 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons chopped finely, cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup toasty pine nuts
- Over medium heat, add oil and onion dice to a medium pot. Saute the onion for two to three minutes, or until it turns translucent. Continue to sauté for another minute after adding the crushed garlic.
- Add the salt, turmeric, cumin, and paprika.Toast until aromas emerge.roughly a minute.)
- Add the rice and water while scraping the bottom of the pot to release any stuck bits.Bring the water to a boil and give it a thorough stir.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot once it has reached boiling point. Simmer the rice for twenty minutes, or until it is soft and fluffy.
- Mix in the chopped cilantro, parsley, and toasted pine nuts after taking the pot off the heat.
- Making the rice right before serving is the finest time to prepare it. If you want to prepare ahead of time the day before, you can measure out the spices and chop the fresh herbs.
- To Store: You may keep leftover rice in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
- This freezes well in an airtight freezer-safe container for up to 4-6 months.
- Reheat the rice either in the microwave or by adding it to a skillet with some water and oil.