Mexican Shredded Beef
Mexican Shredded Beef prepared using only a roast and other basic cupboard ingredients! This quick and simple recipe is perfect for people on the go and can be used to make quesadillas, tacos, burritos, taquitos, and more!
Mexican Shredded Beef Ingredients
- 3.5–4 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 50 ml of beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 juiced lime
Dry Rub Spices:
- Tbsp. of chili powder (I used McCormick brand)
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 to 2 teaspoons of salt *We typically use 2 teaspoons of salt per pound of meat. but before, note this!
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp (optional, for added heat)
- Paprika, 1/2 tsp.
- Set aside the spices used in the dry rub in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the meat stock and tomato glue.
- Put the chuck roast in the insert of the Crock Pot. Apply half of the spices to the roast’s surface. Flip and apply the remaining half of the spices to the sides and top.
- The roast’s top and sides should be covered with the broth-tomato paste mixture.
- Cover and cook for eight hours on low.
- Verify that the roast is shreddable and fork-tender. If it is still tough, cook it for another hour or so until it breaks apart easily.
- Place the roast in a large bowl after removing it. Maintain the Crock Pot’s broth.)Using two forks, shred the meat, removing any excess fat.
- Stir in the lime juice and return the beef to the Crock Pot. Taste and adjust the salt as necessary. All set to assist!(For beef that is dry: After shredding the beef, return it to the large bowl and stir in some of the reserved broth until the desired consistency and flavor are achieved.)
- For suggestions on how to use Mexican Shredded Beef, see the notes in the “How to Serve” section of the blog!