Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs
Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs is a staple quick and simple vegetarian high-protein breakfast recipe for me.
This simple breakfast scramble is low in carbohydrates and high in protein for one person. After working out, I want to consume at least 20 grams of protein, and this scramble is a tasty way to do so without resorting to protein supplements. You can also add cheese if you’d like.
There are 24 grams of protein in these nutritious mushrooms in scrambled eggs. I can easily add lean protein while still receiving the advantages of the yolk from the other two eggs by combining one egg white with them. The yolk contains the majority of an egg’s nutritional value, so you shouldn’t avoid eating it.
Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs Ingredients
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 25 grams of onions
- 1 1/2 cups of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Fresh baby spinach, half a cup
- two huge eggs
- a single big egg white
- 1 teaspoon of water with black pepper and kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons of cheese, such as DF cheese, gruyere, or cheddar
- Whisk together the eggs, egg white, 1 tablespoon water, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a small bowl until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until delicate and brilliant, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cook and stir for three to four minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender. Include spinach; stir while cooking until wilted.
- Add the eggs; Cook and stir briefly until the eggs are set and there is no more liquid in them. Cheese should be added with the eggs if desired.
- Eggs: Depending on how hungry you are, you can easily add an additional egg or use fewer of them. Feel free to use three whole eggs rather than just one egg white.
- Mushrooms: Choose baby bella or shiitake mushrooms. You can replace mushrooms with chopped broccoli, bell pepper, or zucchini if you don’t like them.
- Spinach: If you don’t have fresh spinach, you can use frozen spinach.
- Cheese: Your scramble can be enhanced with gruyere, cheddar, feta, or mozzarella cheese.
- Heat: Add hot sauce for some additional zest.
- Serving Size: If you need to feed more people, you can easily double or triple this egg recipe.