One Pot Chicken and Rice
One Pot Chicken and Rice is a blend of risotto and soup that is utterly soothing. This simple yet delicious recipe for a gluten-free dinner will be requested repeatedly by your family.
One Pot Chicken and Rice Ingredients
- 4 to 6 split tablespoons of butter
- 1 full cup finely sliced carrots (from 1 cup baby carrots or 2 large carrots)
- homemade seasoning for the pepper and salt (see notes)
- 2 minuscule cups of long-grained white rice (I like Lundberg White Jasmine Rice)
- 1 teaspoon chopped, dried onions
- one teaspoon of minced dried garlic
- 2 tablespoons of flakes of dried parsley
- 8 cups of chicken stock without gluten
- 2 small (14 oz) chicken breasts, divided into morsels
- In a soup pot, melt 2 Tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the carrots, season with salt and pepper, cover with a lid, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender.
- Stir in the rice, dried onions, and dried garlic to coat in butter, then cook for one minute. After adding the chicken stock and dried parsley, increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, then simmer for ten minutes, occasionally stirring. After seasoning the chicken with seasoned salt and pepper, add it to the pot. Turn the heat up a little to bring it back up to a bubble, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for another 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and more frequently toward the end.
- After removing the pot from the heat and allowing it to cool for five minutes, cover it. Add the remaining 2 to 4 Tablespoons of butter, as much as you like! Then, if necessary, season with additional seasoned salt and pepper. Serve the soup in bowls. Note: As the dish cools, it will thicken.