Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
Oven Baked Chicken Breasts utilizing my straightforward three-step process and basic seasoning. The juiciest baked chicken breasts you’ve ever tasted just require a quick five-minute prep and 20 minutes in the oven!
Oven Baked Chicken Breasts Ingredients
- About 4 medium-sized chicken breasts
- 2 pounds of boneless,
- skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika or chile powder.
- Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. To ensure an even thickness, lightly pound the chicken breasts.
- In a 13-by-9-inch baking dish, add olive oil. Place the chicken breasts side by side in the dish after being lightly coated with the oil.
- Whisk together the salt, pepper, chili powder (or paprika), onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning mixture into the chicken by sprinkling it on both sides. Make sure there is no overlap between the chicken breasts.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven, or until the meat registers 160-170 degrees on a meat thermometer. Take note that it may take longer depending on the size of your chicken breasts. My nails were hammered down to less than an inch thick.
- Before slicing, cover the dish with foil and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes to let the juices settle.
- Serve warm.
- Cooked chicken breast leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Perfect for using in a number of recipes, from salads to soups, and for meal planning for the week.
- Cooked chicken breasts can be kept in an airtight container in the freezer for up to six months after they have completely cooled. For simple portioning, I advise wrapping each breast in wax paper before freezing.
Saturated Fat: 2g
Vitamin A: 45IU
Vitamin C: 1.8mg