Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan is simple and requires no frying. This chicken Parmesan is quick, simple, and nutritious because it is baked! In about 30 minutes, prepare this crispy chicken with a parmesan crust for dinner.
Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan Ingredients
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- 2 breasts of chicken A total of about 1 pound of chicken
- 1 egg
- Panko breadcrumbs, 1 cup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano and half a cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- one-half teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 kosher salt tsp.
- Black pepper, half a teaspoon
- 1 cup of sauce for pasta
- Shredded mozzarella, 1 1/2 cups
- optional 2 tablespoons of minced parsley
- Place foil on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Place the oven rack in the second space from the top. The oven should be heated to 400°F.
- Pounded the chicken breasts to an even thickness: As if you were going to butterfly the chicken breast, cut it open like a book by cutting through the middle. Cut it all the way through to make two pieces of equal size.
- After cutting the chicken breasts in half, layer them evenly in a gallon-sized zip top bag, seal it, and use a meat pounder or rolling pin to pound them to an even thickness. You can likewise put the chicken bosoms between two layers of grip wrap rather than a zip top sack in the event that you like.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts after being patted dry with a paper towel.
- Combine panko bread crumbs, grated parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper in a shallow dish.
- Whisk one egg in another shallow dish.
- Dip one chicken breast first into the bread crumbs mixture, then into the egg. Press lightly with your hand to help the crumbs stick to the chicken, making sure that the chicken breast is completely covered in the mixture of crumbs. Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken and place the chicken breast on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet on the second rack from the top of the oven. Bake for fifteen minutes, or until the meat is done. Flip the chicken, spread 1/4 cup of marinara sauce on each piece, and then sprinkle cheese on top. Return to the oven. Put the broiler on. Broil for 2-4 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are browning and the cheese is bubbling and melted.