Peanut Chicken Wrap Recipe
Peanut Chicken Wrap Recipe – Even though they’re a quick and healthy lunch fare, these chicken wraps with peanut sauce are delectable any time of day. With a handmade, mildly spicy sauce, seasoned chicken, crunchy coleslaw, and peanuts are wrapped in soft flour tortillas. To make them even simpler, feel free to substitute store-bought sauce. 6 chicken wraps are produced.
When I was working at this Green Bay restaurant a few years back, they added these incredible peanut chicken wraps to their menu. They had a fantastic sauce that tasted like peanuts and was just hot enough to burn. And since they contain a lot of cilantro, I have to like them.
When I worked, I consumed them every day for lunch and occasionally before I went for the evening. It turns out that they no longer even offer it on their menu, but happily, I can still make them at home whenever I want because they are so simple to make.
Peanut Chicken Wrap Ingredients
For the chicken wraps:
- 3 cups coleslaw mixture
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded
- 30 grams of roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cut into slices or chops
- 6-inch-wide tortillas
For the peanut sauce of Peanut Chicken Wrap:
- Honey, 1/4 cup
- Olive oil, 1/4 cup (or vegetable oil)
- 1/four cup of peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons of rice vinegar, unseasoned
- a serving of soy sauce
- Sesame oil, 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, crushed
- one tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 big clove of minced garlic
- Mix the ingredients for the peanut sauce together in a medium bowl.
- Add the peanuts, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro to a different bowl. Stir the mixture after adding the sauce. Allow this to sit while you prepare the chicken and tortillas.
- To make the tortillas easier to work with, microwave them for about ten seconds.
- Split the chicken and coleslaw between every tortilla
- Roll firmly, getting with toothpicks if important.
- To prevent the tortillas from becoming soggy, wait to assemble this chicken wrap dish until you’re ready to serve it.
- Use gluten-free tortilla warps and tamari sauce instead of soy sauce to make this recipe gluten-free.
- You can easily omit the cilantro or substitute fresh chives or green onion if you don’t like it.