Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes will restore your love for sloppy joes and make you forget about the bottled sauce recollections from your youth.
Philadelphia Cheesesteak For us, Sloppy Joes came together rather naturally and at random. We regularly make Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese sandwiches (because they are AMAZING), and one day we noticed that our bread had started to grow fur.
So, from a hamburger dinner a few nights prior, we had hamburger buns on hand. The modifications I made barely took a minute and were just enough to make everything extra mushy and “sloppy.”
Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes Ingredients
- 1 pound of lean beef
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 1 chopped tiny yellow onion
- 1 chopped tiny green bell pepper
- 8 ounces of minced brown mushrooms
- Ketchup, two tablespoons
- Worcestershire sauce, one tablespoon
- Kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- Freshly ground black pepper, half a teaspoon
- One teaspoon of cornstarch
- A cup of beef broth
- 8 ounces of chopped provolone cheese (use 6 ounces if you don’t want it to be very cheesy)
- 6 hamburger buns in brioche
- Before breaking the beef apart, add the ground beef to a large skillet made of cast iron, which browns quickly and evenly.
- Brown the ground beef and stir it around until about half of it has a deep crust.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the beef (you can leave the fat in) and butter.
- Before stirring, let the mixture brown for one to two minutes. After that, let it brown for another one to two minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan.
- Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and black pepper, as well as the beef broth/cornstarch mixture, to the pan in a small cup.
3-5 minutes, or until 75% of the mixture is above liquid and the mixture is barely liquidy.
- Add the provolone cheese after removing it from the heat.
on buns made of toasted brioche.
Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1048mg | Potassium: 636mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 11.9mg | Calcium: 382mg | Iron: 3.9mg