Piyaz – Turkish White Bean Salad Recipe
Turkish White Bean Salad Recipe – Piyaz consisting of white beans, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, and a straightforward Turkish salad dressing. This quick and simple Mediterranean white bean salad recipe is excellent when you need a unique side dish to go with all of your poultry, meat, and vegetarian main dishes. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare.
This cold white bean salad recipe is probably familiar to you if you’ve ever traveled across the Middle East, the Mediterranean, or eaten at a Turkish restaurant anywhere in the world. This salad can be found in various cuisines, including Greek, Turkish, Persian, and even Armenian.
I believe this dish has endured the test of time and is so well-liked for the following reasons:
- Made in 10 minutes with basic, everyday ingredients: Most likely, your pantry contains everything you need.
- Simple to alter: Any variety of white beans (Cannellini, Butter, Navy, etc.) would work in this recipe. Additionally, there are a few well-liked versions, which I discuss below.
- Special diets: The conventional version is gluten-free and vegan.
Piyaz – Turkish White Bean Salad Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1 chopped garlic clove, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Two cans of white beans, either Cannelini or Navy Beans will work, each with half a small red onion thinly sliced in half-moon moon shape (1/2 cup) 2 medium-sized tomatoes, drained and washed, cut into half-moon shapes, 1/2 cup Italian parsley, roughly chopped, and 1 tablespoon sumac.
- 3 tablespoons of black olives, pitted; 2 sliced hard-boiled eggs
- How to prepare the dressing: In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, kosher salt, and black pepper until well combined. Place aside.
- After soaking for five minutes in water, drain the sliced red onion.
- Put the salad together: In a large bowl, combine the white beans, drained red onions, sliced tomatoes, and chopped parsley. Sprinkle it with sumac and the dressing. Give it a light turn.
- Before serving, wrap it in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This is a step that can be skipped, but it lets flavors mix and create a salad that is on a whole new level.
- Hard-boiled eggs and black olives can be used as a garnish if you prefer. Serve.