Pollo Con Queso (low carb + keto)
Pollo con Queso is ideal for a quick weeknight meal! This 20-minute low-carb keto recipe is easy to meal prep and is suitable for kids.
It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and is really simple. To ensure that the boneless, skinless chicken cooks fast, we cut it into little pieces. The cheese sauce is then prepared in the same pan. It’s the ideal meal after a busy weeknight because there’s just one pan to clean and it cooks up quickly!
Pollo con Queso is great for families, and you can easily change the amount of spice to suit your tastes. It would also be a fantastic addition if you wanted to roast some peppers on the side for the less picky members of your family! Try this Slow Cooker Corn Dip for a great side dish! Visit my Easy Keto Recipes page for more delicious low-carb recipes!
Pollo con Queso Ingredients
- Olive oil, 1-2 teaspoons, as ingredients
- Chicken breast weighing 1 1/2 pounds, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- one tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 paprika teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon of powdered onion
- 1/9 cup cumin
- Oregano, half a teaspoon
- 0.5 tsp. each of salt and pepper
- 4 ounces of mild green chilies in a can
- 1/4 cup heavy cream plus more, if necessary, for thinning.
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 Shredded pepper jack cheese, half a cup
- White American Cheese, half a cup
- Set aside all of the spices in a small bowl.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to a medium temperature.
- Sprinkle the spices over the cubed chicken before adding it to the hot skillet. Toss the chicken to coat it on all sides evenly. Cook the chicken thoroughly on each side for three to four minutes. Set aside after taking it out of the skillet.
- Turn down the heat. Shred the cheese in small amounts (about 1/2 cup at a time) and add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and green chiles. When all of the cheese has been used, continue to stir the queso as it melts. Up until the desired consistency is reached, add more heavy cream or milk.
- Toss the queso with the chicken in the skillet. Serve right away.