Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese – In this recipe, use leftover shredded pork. It feeds a large group and is creamy and cheesy.
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 3 cups elbow macaroni, raw
- Butter, 4 tablespoons
- All-purpose flour, 1/4 cup
- 1 salt shakerful
- 1/8 cup sugar
- Milk, two cups
- Cheese Velveeta, 8 ounces (cubed)
- 1 and a third cups cottage cheese
- sour cream, 2/3/cup
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 4 cups of shredded pork
- 114.25 ml of barbecue sauce
- The oven should be at 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni as per bundle headings. Place the drained macaroni in a greased 9 x 13 or slightly larger baking dish.
- 4 tablespoons of butter can be melted in a medium saucepan. After incorporating the flour, sugar, and salt, mix until smooth.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring constantly. Make it boil; cook and stir the mixture for 2 minutes, or until it becomes thicker. Turn down the heat.
- Melt the Velveeta cheese by stirring it in.
- Melt the 1 cup cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and sour cream together.
- Over the macaroni, spread the cheese mixture.
- Combine the barbecue sauce and pulled pork in a medium bowl. Spread the pulled pork over the macaroni and cheese in an even layer.
- Add the remaining cheddar cheese as a sprinkle.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the cover and bake another 20 minutes, or until the food is heated through.
- If desired, top with freshly chopped parsley or french fried onions.
- Do you need dinner now? For an extremely quick dish, use premade, microwaveable macaroni and cheese. Just add to the casserole dish as directed by the instructions, then spoon the pork on top.
- Dislike barbecue sauce? Avoid it! Simply combine the meat with the cheese macaroni before baking.
- Trying to find low carb? You can substitute chopped cauliflower for the elbow macaroni.
- Gluten-free required? Use gluten-free all-purpose flour and gluten-free pasta (or chickpea pasta).