PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST
With a swirl of handmade whipped pumpkin butter on top, it is sweet, perfectly spiced, and delicious. Pumpkin French Toast is the ideal breakfast meal for the fall.
In our house, large breakfasts aren’t particularly useful, at least daily. We stick to scrambled eggs and reheated pancakes from our freezer stock because mornings are busy. However, weekends are the greatest! We sort of lose it. I enjoy cooking all kinds of delectable meals, including this pumpkin french toast. A new favorite, for sure. Only a few ingredients are needed, and preparation takes only five minutes. So simple!
Pumpkin French Toast Ingredients
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk (whole, low-fat, or skim)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 12 slices of Texas toast, French bread, Challah, or croissant halves.
WHIPPED PUMPKIN BUTTER
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of salted or unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree and 3 tablespoons of either maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon each of vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice
- Melt a small amount of butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a rectangular baking dish.
- After submerging the bread in the mixture, flip it over and place it on the hot skillet. On each side, cook for about 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped pumpkin butter, maple syrup, and toasted chopped nuts (if desired) and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Add the softened butter to a small mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy, to make the pumpkin butter.
- Vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup or honey, and pumpkin puree should be added. Mix for an additional minute, or until the batter is fluffy. For up to five days, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.