Pumpkin Whipped Feta Dip
Pumpkin Whipped Feta Dip includes honey, walnuts, and fresh thyme as a compliment. The dish has the option of being served as crostini and can be prepared in advance. You may make this delicious and simple snack for your visitors.
Pumpkin Whipped Feta Dip Ingredients
- 8 ounces or so of feta cheese (around 220 grams)
- a half-cup of plain Greek yogurt
- Canned pumpkin puree, 1 cup (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- new thyme (can use dried, if needed)
- walnuts, chopped (raw or toasted)
- extra sprinkle of honey
- crusty bread (such as baguette or sourdough) (toasted)
- raw vegetables
- In a food processor, combine the feta cheese and Greek yogurt to make whipped feta. Using a spatula as needed, blend the ingredients for a few minutes until smooth.
- In the food processor, combine the honey and pumpkin puree. Blend once more until everything is well-combined.
- Cover the whipped feta and place it in the fridge to chill for 30 to 60 minutes.
- The whipped feta should be transferred to a large bowl when you are ready to serve this recipe. Add a drizzle of honey, a few chopped walnuts, and some fresh thyme to the garnish.
- For dipping, serve with crackers, crusty or toasted bread, or raw vegetables. Enjoy!
SERVING ADVICE: You may prepare the pumpkin whipped feta up to a day ahead of time if you’re serving this recipe for a party. For maximum freshness, prepare the bread/dipping vessels and add any toppings just before serving.
Before serving, be sure to refrigerate the dip for at least 30 to 60 minutes. The dip will get firmer as a result!
This dish can be served as crostini or as a dip (as shown in the picture). Making crostini is as easy as slicing up a baguette, toasting it in the oven, spreading each piece with creamy feta, and garnishing with walnuts, fresh thyme, and honey.
GLUTEN-FREE VERSION: Because the dip is naturally gluten-free, you can serve it with bread or crackers made without gluten.
LEFTOVERS: In the refrigerator, airtight containers will store leftovers for a few days. They are delicious spread over sandwiches or as a snack dipping food.