Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo
Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo is an elegant and delectable recipe. A delicious and beautiful supper can be produced with this wonderfully rich and creamy sauce, which is made with roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, and fresh grated Parmesan.
Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Fettuccine Alfredo Ingredients
- 2 heads of garlic, roasted and mashed (approximately 2 teaspoons), cut into quarters with the seeds and membranes removed
- 6 large red bell peppers (directions here)
16 ounces of Fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Garlic should be roasted. Keep in mind that this step takes about an hour. Alternately, you can saute the onions with about six minced cloves of garlic in step 4. Place aside.
- Put the oven on broil. Place the skin-side-up quarters of red bell peppers on a baking sheet lined with foil. Place in a broiler for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until the skins are completely black. Peppers should be removed from the oven and placed in a ziploc bag for ten minutes. Using your fingers, peel the skins off (they should come right off). Chop the softened peppers roughly. Place aside.
- According to the package, cook the pasta to al dente in salted water. Discard after draining.
- Meanwhile, cook the onions until soft in olive oil in a 5-quart pot over medium heat; roughly five minutes. If you use raw garlic, add it at the very end of the cooking time.
- Puree the roasted peppers, onions, and garlic in a blender or food processor with care.
- Melt the butter in the pot over medium heat. In the pot, add the pureed red pepper. Add broth, salt and pepper to taste, heavy cream, nonfat milk, or any milk and cream combination. Taste and adjust with a pinch of salt and pepper if necessary. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the parsley and Parmesan cheese after taking the pan off the heat. Toss gently to coat half of the pasta. Toss in the remaining pasta.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.