Roasted Tomato Sandwiches with Vegan Lemon Garlic Aioli
Roasted Tomato Sandwiches with Vegan Lemon Garlic Aioli are loaded with avocado, arugula, and several tomato slices that are delicious!
Sometimes all you want is a quick and easy tasty sandwich. And that is exactly what this sandwich is. It’s basic avocado toast taken to the next level.
Although it is simple to prepare, it does not lack flavor. Let’s start with the lemon garlic aioli.
Roasted Tomato Sandwiches with Vegan Lemon Garlic Aioli Ingredients
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced into 8 slices
- extra virgin olive oil
- pepper and salt
- oregano, dried
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1-2 garlic cloves, diced
- vegan spread
- 4 slices sourdough bread or other bread
- 1 medium avocado
- basil, fresh
- Prepare a parchment-lined baking sheet and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. On the baking sheet, arrange the sliced tomatoes. Shower with olive oil and sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano on each cut. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the tomatoes are tender, in the oven.
- Make the lemon-garlic aioli while the tomatoes are cooking. In a bowl, combine the garlic, vegan mayo, lemon juice, and a little salt and pepper.
- Adjust the seasoning if necessary after mixing to combine. Keep in the refrigerator until needed.
- Each bread slice should have butter on one side. In a pan, heat to medium-high. Cook the bread, butter-side down, until browned in the pan.
- Eliminate bread from the container.
- Spread lemon garlic aioli on each slice of bread before assembling. Arrange avocado, tomatoes, arugula, and basil on top. Serve with slicing.