Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Cajun Chicken Alfredo – This cajun alfredo is incredibly flavorful! a handmade cajun alfredo sauce with spiced chicken and smoked sausage.
One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo and Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo, two of my most popular recipes, are combined in this dish. Your family will love this version made in the slow cooker since it is so wonderful. As the chicken and Alfredo sauce cook, the smoked sausage and cajun seasoning flavor them, adding layers of flavor to the dish.
The fact that even spaghetti cooks in the slow cooker is the finest part.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- chicken breasts weighing 1 lb.
- Smoked sausage weighing 1 pound, cut into 1 inch chunks.
- heavy cream in three cups
- Low sodium chicken broth 4 cups butter 4 teaspoons
- two tablespoons of cajun seasoning, coarse
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- One pound of raw penne noodles
- 50 ml of boiling water
- 8 ounces of freshly grated parmesan cheese, or around two and a half cups each of kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and a pinch of garlic powder after patting them dry.Sear chicken breasts quickly on both sides in olive oil over high heat.
- In the slow cooker, add the sausage, chicken breasts, heavy cream, chicken broth, butter, garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, cajun seasoning, and a few turns of freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit on low for about 4 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Slice the chicken after it has cooled in the slow cooker.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of heated water and uncooked penne pasta, cover and cook on high for around 30 minutes only until the pasta is soft.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, sliced chicken, and additional salt and black pepper to taste once the pasta is tender.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 928Calories from Fat 576
Fat 64g 98%
Saturated Fat 34g 213%
Cholesterol 228mg 76%
Sodium 1011mg 44%
Potassium 671mg 19%
Carbohydrates 49g 16%
Fiber 2g 8%
Sugar 2g 2%
Protein 38g 76%
Vitamin A 2532IU 51%
Vitamin C 1mg 1%
Calcium 340mg 34%