Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo is among my favorite quick and simple dinners. A delicious and simple supper made in the Crockpot includes rigatoni, succulent slow-cooked chicken, and a creamy homemade Alfredo sauce.
I adore tasty slow-cooked meals! By the time dinnertime comes around every day, I usually have little to no energy left to prepare anything. That’s why I’m particularly fond of this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo. In the slow cooker, everything turns out perfectly!
With the exception of the seasonings, which I had on hand, all of the components for this dish were purchased from ALDI, making it a reasonably affordable recipe to prepare. Here is my analysis:
- $9.79 for chicken
- Butter costs $.50 while rigatoni costs $1.69 (heavy cream costs $1.39) per pound.
- $.69 for chicken broth $.79 for cream cheese
- $1.50 for fresh Parmesan ($3.99 for the entire wedge)
- Seasonings are extremely cheap.
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
- 2–2 12 pounds of raw, skinless, and boneless chicken breast tenders (or thin-sliced chicken breasts)
- 2 cups of cream, thick
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock or broth (low sodium recommended)
- 1/4 cup sliced butter (unsalted recommended)
- diced 8 ounces of cream cheese
- Italian seasoning, half a teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- Uncooked 1-pound of rigatoni pasta
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese, half a cup
- optional garnish of finely chopped fresh parsley
- In a large slow cooker, place the chicken breasts. The chicken breast should be covered with the chicken broth and heavy cream. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, cubes of cream cheese, and sliced butter.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook the chicken on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Place the chicken on a large plate after taking it out of the slow cooker. In the slow cooker, whisk the sauce until it is smooth. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker after shredding it with forks.
- The Parmesan cheese and the raw rigatoni should be added. Cover the slow cooker once more with the lid, and cook the pasta on high for 30 minutes or until tender.
- If desired, garnish with fresh parsley before serving hot.