Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls just need five minutes of active preparation time; your slow cooker handles the rest.
This is the kind of slow cooker recipe I love most since it comes together quickly and gives you a satisfying, nutritious meal to eat at the end of the day. These burrito bowls are stuffed with black beans, corn, soft bits of shredded chicken, and brown rice that has been seasoned with chile. All you have to do is dish yourself a bowl and top it with cheese because everything is cooked in the pot.
Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls Ingredients
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs, breasts, or a combination
- chopped tomatoes in a single 14.5-ounce can
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, plus additional amounts as necessary
- Chili powder, two tablespoons
- two salty teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon of cumin, ground
- 1 (15-ounce) can of rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 cup of brown rice, raw
- 1 cup of corn kernels, frozen
- Shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, sour cream, diced avocado, salsa, spicy sauce, diced green onions, and shredded lettuce are all available as extra toppings.
- In a slow cooker measuring 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 quarts, combine the chicken, diced tomatoes and their juices, chicken broth, chili powder, salt, and cumin.
- Ensure that the chicken is covered in liquid and, if necessary, add more broth. Cover and cook for three to four hours on LOW.
- Stir in the corn, beans, and rice that have been covered. Cover and cook for an additional three to four hours on LOW. During the final hour of cooking, check on the rice on a regular basis, stirring once or twice to ensure an even cooking process and adding more chicken broth if the mixture appears dry. If the rice is done but there is still liquid in the slow cooker, uncover it and cook on the HIGH setting to let the liquid evaporate. The rice is done when it is tender.
- Shred the chicken with two forks into bite-sized pieces. This can be done in the slow cooker itself and then mixed into the rice, or you can move the chicken to a clean cutting board if you want to keep it separate. Add more salt or other seasonings according to taste and stir. Burrito bowls with a variety of toppings should be served.
- Cooking the rice independently: On the off chance that you won’t be home to add the rice to the sluggish cooker, you can skirt this step and cook it independently on the burner not long prior to serving (utilize these headings). To change the recipe, consolidate the chicken, diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup of stock, and flavors in the sluggish cooker and cook for 6 to 8 hours on the LOW setting. Add the beans and corn and cook for 30 minutes more, or until warmed through, while you’re cooking the rice (overlook the excess chicken stock).
- Vegan burrito bowls: Join the diced tomatoes, 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock, flavors, rice, dark beans, and corn in the sluggish cooker. Cook on the LOW setting for 3 to 4 hours, until the rice is delicate and has assimilated all the fluid. Mix a few times close to the furthest limit of cooking to ensure the rice is cooking equally.
- Past burrito bowls: Other than burrito bowls, you can utilize this filling to make standard tortilla-wrapped burritos or cooler burritos.
- Capacity: The burrito blend will save for multi week refrigerated or for a long time in the cooler.