Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is one of my family’s favorite dishes, absurdly simple, and flavorful. An amazing dinner that you will be proud to serve is made with spice-marinated fresh vegetables and pulled chicken that has been season-seasoned.
Let’s accept the harsh reality. We’re occupied. This recipe is exactly what we needed after a long day of work. Working in the kitchen for hours on end is easily avoided with slow cooker chicken pot pie. Similar to a typical pot pie, slow cooker chicken pot pie is made without a crust. Simply by dumping everything into the slow cooker in the morning, supper is ready and the house is filled with an amazing aroma when I get home. Instead of toiling away in the kitchen, I get to spend some time with my family and enjoy the evening hours with them before bed.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients
- 1 yellow onion, diced; 1 12 cups carrots; 1 12 cups celery; 1/4 cup freshly cut parsley
- 1 paprika teaspoon
- Oregano, dry, 1 teaspoon
- 1 kosher salt tsp.
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- 1 cup of poultry stock
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) (10.5 ounces each) Condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 pounds worth of 3 to 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Frozen peas in 1 1/2 cups
- 1 can (15 ounces) (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) baked refrigerator biscuits
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, combine the chicken soup, chicken stock, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix thoroughly. It will be a thick mixture.
- Place the chicken breasts in the mixture and cover them with a spoonful of the mixture.
- Cook for eight hours on low. Remove the breasts thirty minutes before the cooking time is up and shred the chicken with two forks. Add the peas and corn to the slow cooker with the shredded chicken. Give it a final stir before serving.
- Serve with a biscuit on top.