Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Tortilla Soup is deliciously filling and gratifying, and it is bursting with Tex-Mex flavor.
There is no pre-cooking required for this recipe, and cleanup is simple. Picante sauce, condensed cream of chicken soup, Rotel tomatoes, canned black beans, and canned corn are the main ingredients in this delectable Mexican dish.
This soup’s base, two cans of condensed cream of chicken soup, gives it a beautiful, thick and creamy texture.
The slow cooker’s “warm” setting can be used to keep the chicken enchilada soup warm after it has been prepared in just a little more than 4 hours.
This dish only calls for 2 chicken breasts, so it’s a wonderful way to pack a lot of protein into a small amount of food. Very cost-effective!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup Ingredients
- Two (10.5-ounce) cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- one (15-ounce) can of black beans
- one (10.5-ounce) can of Rotel tomatoes and green chiles
- one (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- one and a half cups of canned or frozen corn
- one teaspoon each of cumin and hot sauce
- one and a-third cups of water
- two boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- four corn tortillas
- one cup each of shredded
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, mix the first eight ingredients together. Submerge the chicken by spooning the mixture over it.
- Cover and cook for four hours on LOW.
- Shred the chicken with two forks. Stir in the cheese and tortillas to incorporate them. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on LOW.
- Serve with toppings and stir in the cilantro.
- Split each chicken breast in half to speed up cooking.
- To up the zest of this soup, use “Hot” Rotel tomatoes and “Hot” Picante sauce .For even more heat, I like to serve it with Cholulu sauce.
- You can add a handful or two of tortilla chips to the soup if you don’t have corn tortillas can be stored in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days or frozen for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- Add whatever you want.More is always better.Sour cream, diced avocados, chopped red onions, pickled jalapenos, and chopped cilantro are all excellent options.
- This enchilada soup is as easy and flavorful as it gets for dinner!