Slow Cooker Sausage and Potato Casserole
Slow Cooker Sausage and Potato Casserole is a hearty recipe that is appropriate for serving for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Slow Cooker Sausage and Potato Casserole Ingredients
- 1 bag of hash browns that is 32 ounces or a similar amount of diced fresh potatoes
- 14 ounces of kielbasa, diced up.
- 1 chopped tiny onion
- 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10.5 oz. can of cream of mushroom or chicken soup
- A half-cup of sour cream
- pepper and salt as desired
Slow Cooker Sausage and Potato Casserole Instructions
- In a greased slow cooker, combine the hash browns, kielbasa, onion, and 2 cups of cheese. Before adding the sausage and onions, some people prefer to sauté them. Also, if you use fresh diced potatoes instead of frozen, the cooking time may need to be increased.)
- In a different bowl, join cream of chicken, sharp cream, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the hash brown mixture and mix well.
- Cover with the remaining cheese.
- Cook for 6 to 8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. When the potatoes and onions are tender, it is finished. The potatoes should not be overcooked. Enjoy!
- Before adding the sausage and onion to the slow cooker, you might wish to sauté them.
- You may likely need to extend the cooking time if you use fresh chopped potatoes instead of frozen. Once your potatoes and onions are cooked, the recipe is finished.
- Since many people complained that the original recipe’s request for 1/2 cup milk made the dish too liquid, I updated it to call for 1/2 cup sour cream.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 592kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 1275mg | Potassium: 777mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 538IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 415mg | Iron: 3mg