Small Batch Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin bread is a necessary ingredient for fall baking, and this recipe for Small Batch Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Bread with a cinnamon swirl crunch topping is ideal! This easy pumpkin bread recipe yields 5 individual loaves or 2 miniature loaves that are moist, soft, and bursting with autumnal spices.
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- all-purpose flour, 3/4 cup
- A half-teaspoon of baking powder
- Baking soda, 1/8 teaspoon
- Pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon, and sugar, 1/2 cup.
- Light brown sugar, 1/4 cup
- One big egg
- A half-cup of pure canned pumpkin
- Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
- Canola oil, 1/4 cup
- 2-3 tablespoons of ground cinnamon sugar, or 3/4 teaspoon for each tablespoon of sugar.
Pumpkin Bread Equipment
Square brownie pan No. 1 (or) Mini loaf pans, two
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the baking pans with parchment paper that is long enough to hang over the sides and be used as a sling to lift the bread out of the pans. Lightly grease the pans. If you’re using the brownie pan, use parchment strips that are 1 inch wide and hang over the sides to line 5 of the wells.
- Add the egg, pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and canola oil to a medium mixing bowl. Combine and whisk until smooth.
- Over the wet ingredients, sift or sprinkle the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk until there are no more dry streaks. Tip – To sift the dry ingredients into the wet – Set a fine mesh strainer over the bowl with the wet ingredients, add the dry ingredients into the strainer, and sprinkle over the batter.
- Place even amounts of batter into the baking pans that have been prepared. Spoon a generous amount of cinnamon sugar over the batter. Using a knife, gently swirl it just on top of the batter.
- Baking: within a 20- to 22-minute brownie pan;28-30 minutes in two mini loaf pans; or until the center is mostly clean when a toothpick is inserted there. For 10 to 15 minutes, cool the pumpkin bread in the pan on a wire rack. To completely cool on the wire rack, invert or lift the bread out of the pans. Enjoy!
- About the Serving Size: The recipe is made in small batches. However, many readers have been able to make a single, larger loaf by doubling the recipe.
- Extra Spice – If you want an extra kick of spice, add another 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Pumpkin – Depending on the brand, canned pumpkin can have different names, but is the same thing: Organic pure pumpkin, pure pumpkin, and pure pumpkin puree. Ensure that it is not Pumpkin Pie Filling, however.
- Brownie Pan: When I make the individual loaves, I use this nonstick brownie pan.
- Mini Loaf Pans: The pumpkin bread can also be made in two of these mini loaf pans.
- Leftover Pumpkin: A few recipes for pumpkin desserts that make use of pumpkin puree are included at the end of the blog post.