SOUTHWEST CHICKEN ALFREDO
Southwest Chicken Alfredo – The ideal quick dinner recipe is creamy and delectable chicken pasta with a southwest flair. Made with flavorful, southwest-inspired cream sauce, penne pasta, pan-seared chicken, onions, and garlic.
Southwest Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
- Pasta, Penne, 1/2 lb.
- Chicken breasts weighing 1 kg, sliced into 1″ strips
- 1 (15 oz.) can Cut-Up Tomatoes
- Heavy Cream, 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Chopped onion, 1 cup
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon each of honey, olive oil, butter, and chopped cilantro.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- Combine the southwest seasoning blend in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped chicken, honey, and half of the seasonings. Toss to blend.
- Penne pasta should be cooked al dente according to the package instructions. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drain and put aside when finished.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken once the pan is hot and cook for a few minutes on each side until it is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate when it is nice and golden.
- In the same skillet that you used to cook the chicken, melt butter and add diced onion. Cook until tender, a few minutes. Cook another minute before adding the garlic. Bring to a low simmer, and add the diced tomatoes and the remaining seasoning.
- While stirring, gradually add the heavy cream until it is completely incorporated. Bring to a simmering state. Return the chicken to the skillet. Stir in the cheddar cheese after adding it. Toss the penne pasta with the sauce to combine. Allow the pasta to cool slightly after taking it off the heat.
- Once the pasta is done, toss it with the remaining sauce and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Enjoy!