Spaghetti Carbonara – The quickest, simplest spaghetti meal you’ve ever made, just only five ingredients and takes 15 minutes to prepare.
Today I have another incredibly simple spaghetti meal for you guys. The nicest thing about this recipe is that it only calls for 5 ingredients to make it! No, the bacon is the best component. I agree, the bacon.
No, but seriously, this is one of those dinners that only need 5 ingredients—spaghetti, bacon, garlic, Parmesan, and eggs—and can be prepared in 15 minutes or less. And if you’re worried about the raw eggs, the residual heat actually cooks them entirely. Just make sure to move swiftly to avoid producing scrambled eggs. Additionally, this dish simply cannot go wrong with the crisp bacon bits!
Spaghetti Carbonara Ingredients
- 8 oz. of spaghetti
- two huge eggs
- 4 slices of bacon, diced; 4 cloves of garlic
- 12 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- minced Kosher salt; and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions in a large pot of salted boiling water; Reserve 1/2 cup of water and thoroughly drain.
- Whisk together the eggs and Parmesan in a small bowl; place aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil to medium-high. Add the bacon and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until crispy and brown conserve extra fat.
- For about one minute, stir in the garlic. Turn heat down to low.
- Add the pasta and egg mixture quickly and gently toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Till the desired consistency is reached, add one tablespoon of the reserved pasta water at a time.
- If desired, serve immediately with parsley as a garnish.