Spicy Crispy Mushroom Burger (Vegan-friendly)
Spicy Crispy Mushroom Burger (Vegan-friendly) is an excellent, spicy, crispy mushroom burger dish. Between buttered buns, a seasoned, deep-fried oyster mushroom patty, a variety of toppings, and a hot, creamy sauce
Crispy Fried Oyster Mushroom Burger
In particular, oyster mushrooms are known for having a texture that is more “meaty” and tender. This crispy patty, once breaded and fried, is frequently referred to as a vegan-friendly alternative to fried chicken. As a result, I naturally wanted to try incorporating it into one of my favorite recipes: the Spicy Crispy Chicken Burger, which was based on the Zinger Burger from KFC!
However, the seasonings and methods I use to make the patty crispy are slightly modified. I bread the mushrooms for this recipe by coating them in panko crumbs after dredging them in the batter.
The burger can be assembled by sandwiching the fried mushroom patty, some lettuce, slices of cheese, tomatoes, and the spicy, creamy sauce between toasted buns.
Spicy Crispy Mushroom Burger Notes (Vegan-friendly)
- Cleaning the mushroom – Avoid letting the mushrooms soak in water since they will absorb the liquid like a sponge. Use a damp paper towel to pat or wipe it instead.
- Burger sauce: The sauce is made up of a blend of Sriracha, sweet chili sauce, rice vinegar, light soy sauce, and chili flakes. It also contains Kewpie mayo, a vegan mayo.
- Completely coat oyster mushrooms with batter. If you don’t completely cover the oyster mushrooms with batter, the panko crumbs won’t stick.
- Apply a thick layer of panko so that it covers the entire surface of the mushroom.
Spicy Crispy Mushroom Burger Ingredient
Components Primary Ingredient
- 2 clusters of oyster mushrooms
- Burger buns, two
- slices of tomato
- Slices of lettuce, vegan cheese, and
- a batter, 3/4 cup of flour
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 12 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 7/8 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons vegan or kewpie mayo
- One tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1/9 cup Sriracha
- 12 a cup of rice vinegar
- 0.5 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of chili flakes
- Crumbs of Panko
- Gochugaru not required
- optional 5-spice powder
- Use a damp paper towel to pat or wipe the oyster mushroom clusters clean.
- In a bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients for the batter and add water. Blend it until it forms a batter.
- Make the panko crumbs that will be coated.
- Dip the mushroom cluster in the panko crumbs first, then the batter.
- Over medium heat, deep fry until golden brown.
- To get rid of any extra oil, let it stand on a cooling rack. Optional process: While still hot, sprinkle gochugaru and 5-spice powder.
- Putting it all together Toast the burger buns and spread a layer of the sauce inside.
- Add the shellfish mushroom then, at that point, spread a layer of the sauce on top.
- Top the burger bun with a slice of cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Serve and have fun!