Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad
Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad is prepared with a variety of vegetables, including bell pepper, carrots, crunchy cabbage, sweet corn, and jalapenos for a spicy touch. For a satisfying salad that will keep you full, top this nutritious chopped chicken salad with a homemade spicy greek yogurt ranch dressing.
Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad Ingredients
For the chicken:
- 1 lb. of skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Olive oil, two tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon of honey 2 tiny limes, juiced
- one tablespoon of chili powder
- 1/9 cup cumin
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- eighth of a teaspoon of cayenne
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper freshly ground
For the salad:
- 6 cups of green cabbage, shredded (or a mix of purple and green also works)
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced (or sub diced red onion)
- freshly diced 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded (from 2 large carrots)
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 seeded and diced jalapeño
- Roasted pepitas in a cup
- One and a half cups fresh, uncooked corn on the cob (you may also use thawed frozen corn)
For the spicy greek yogurt ranch:
- Greek yogurt, plain, in 1/4 cup
- 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
- 1/four teaspoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, fresh
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh chives or dried dill
- Salt to taste plus an additional 1/4 teaspoon
- To thin the dressing, add 2-4 teaspoons of water.
- depending on how hot you like it (I love cholula! ), 1–3 tablespoons of hot sauce or you can use 1/2–3/4 teaspoons of chipotle chile powder instead.
For Spicy Ranch Chopped Chicken Cabbage Salad topping:
- one cup of tortilla chips (or 1 cup slightly crushed tortilla chips)
- Optional: 1 sliced avocado
- more green onaion and cilantro
- Put your chicken in a marinade for at least 30 minutes: Chicken breast, olive oil, honey, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and freshly ground black pepper are all ingredients that should be combined in a large bowl. Mix well with a fork, then store in the refrigerator until needed.
- While the chicken is marinating you can prepare and cleave the veggies for the plate of mixed greens. With the exception of the tortilla strips (and the dressing), combine all of the salad ingredients in the bowl.
- In a medium bowl or mason jar, combine the following ingredients to make your dressing: Greek yogurt, salt, water, hot sauce, dried dill, fresh lemon juice, and onion powder. Mix or shake until well combined, taste, and add more hot sauce if you like your salad to be spicier. Pour the dressing over the salad and combine it with the dressing with tongs.
- When it’s time to grill the chicken: Clean the grates of your grill by preheating it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Close the lid of your preheated grill and place the chicken breasts there. To ensure that no heat escapes while your chicken is cooking, it is essential to keep the grill’s lid closed.
- Cook your chicken bosom on the barbecue for 7-9 minutes for each side or until the chicken arrives at an inward temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Cook time will change a piece contingent upon the size of your chicken bosom, so make certain to check the inside temperature in the thickest piece of the chicken bosom utilizing a meat thermometer.
- Cut the chicken into strips when it’s done, then add tortilla strips to the salad. Top with avocado, green onion, and cilantro.