Steakhouse Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Steakhouse Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a traditional side dish. They have a strong garlic flavor and are deliciously creamy. You’ll feel like you’re dining out if you use this recipe!
Looking for gorgeous lumps of garlic-flavored mashed potatoes in the steakhouse style? We have your back! To add as much flavor as possible, this mashed potato dish goes above and beyond. To give you a full steakhouse experience without the loud, crowds, and a lengthy wait for a table, we use red potatoes with the skin on. Don’t get us wrong, we love a delicious steak and mashed potatoes at a classic steakhouse, but occasionally we just want the food without the cost or the rest of the extras! You’ll be so happy you had mashed potatoes at home after tasting these.
Steakhouse Style Garlic Mashed Potatoes Ingredients
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- 5 pounds of unpeeled red potatoes
- 5 whole garlic cloves
- 1-half cup salted butter
- Cream cheese, 4 ounces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 salt shaker full
- In a large pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil over high heat.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1-inch cubes or chunks while this is happening. Put the chunks of potatoes and garlic in the boiling chicken broth and boil for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Put the cooked potatoes in a large mixing bowl and strain them out of the broth.
- Butter, cream cheese, buttermilk, and salt are now included. Mash the potatoes and other ingredients with a masher until they are completely mashed, combined, and melted.
- Fresh mashed potatoes are the best. However, leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days in an airtight container. Microwave single serving-size portions for 30 seconds at a time until heated through.
- If you like this recipe, you might also like these other delicious recipes for potato side dishes:
- The Creamiest Mashed Potatoes, Honey-Roasted Smashed Potatoes, Garlic Bread-Roasted Potatoes, Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes, and more can all be found in Rachel’s video tutorial below. With our cooking show, we always have you covered when it comes to visuals.The entire collection of recipes, as well as the recipes for each one, can be found on our website.