SUPER CREAMY VEGAN MUSHROOM SAUCE PASTA
Super Creamy Vegan Mushroom Sauce Pasta is a speedy and basic soothing weeknight dinner. You can make a variety of delicious vegan pasta recipes using a creamy vegan mushroom gravy pasta sauce.
Super Creamy Vegan Mushroom Sauce Pasta Ingredients
Considering the incredible flavor of the dish, the number of ingredients required for this mushroom pasta recipe is surprising. The few necessary elements are as follows:
- Pasta – Although you can prepare your own pasta, I’ve chosen to keep things straightforward and buy fresh spaghetti from the store (you can also use dried pasta). If you want to make a completely vegan mushroom pasta recipe, choose pasta that is egg-free. This is a type of pappardelle.
- Mushrooms – I used chestnut mushrooms instead of button mushrooms because they have a deeper flavor. You might even try making a mixed mushroom pasta sauce. You could also try other varieties to determine what flavor combinations you like.
- Onion and butter – Great for stir-frying and flavoring, onions and butter. For this, I used my preferred plant-based butter. If you would be interested in seeing a recipe for vegan butter, please let me know in the comments.
- spices – salt, nutmeg powder, clove powder, and garlic powder. In order to blend with the mushrooms, I selected my favorite combo.
- nutritional yeast, cornstarch – To make the sauce creamy, combine oat milk, cornstarch, and nutritional yeast. I used homemade oat milk because it is naturally pretty thick and creamy. However, nutritional yeast offers a number of health advantages as well as a nutty, cheesy flavor, and cornstarch naturally thickens the sauce to form a delightful gravy.
- To get started, finely chop the mushrooms and onions.
- In a large pot or pan, lightly stir-fry the onion and butter until golden. Olive oil can be used if you want to, but it will change the flavor of the final dish.
- Stir in the mushrooms thoroughly to combine. Cook them for two to three minutes, or until the mushrooms begin to brown and soften.
- After thoroughly incorporating the spices, add them and cook for another two to three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cornstarch, nutritional yeast, and oat milk should be added. Give the vegan mushroom pasta sauce a thorough stir and let it simmer for an additional five minutes. The sauce will darken and begin to thicken during this time. Simply add a little bit more milk if you’d like it to be a little runnier.*If it’s too runny, add a little more cornstarch.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil in the meantime. Cook the pasta in salted water for 4-5 minutes (or according to package directions).
- Rinse the pasta well. You are prepared to gather: Place the pasta first. The mushroom sauce should then be covered. Add some fresh thyme and pepper to taste.
- Warm up and enjoy your vegan mushroom pasta. By blending cashew nuts, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and salt to a coarse powder in a blender, you can make vegan “parmesan cheese” at your leisure.
Serving: 1portion | Calories: 407kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 90mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 293IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 211mg | Iron: 5mg