Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quinoa Bake
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quinoa Bake is filling and tasty, baked in one casserole dish with all of your favorite Mexican tastes! Additionally, this dish is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and perfect for meal preparation.
It really doesn’t get much easier (or tastier!) than this Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Bake. I’m ALL about quick and easy recipes, especially during the hectic work week. You literally simply toss all of your stuff into one dish and pop it in the oven, is what I’m saying. It’s that simple! Despite being a meatless dish, this satiatingly healthful dinner is incredibly filling and rich in fiber and protein.
I really enjoy eating only plant-based meals once or twice a week, so this recipe is ideal for our family and also provides us with excellent leftovers for meal prepping! This dish is particularly good on its own or over a salad with some sliced avocado, however occasionally I’ll add chicken or beef.
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quinoa Bake Ingredients
- Sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, 4 cups
- 1 (15 oz) can of rinsed and drained black beans
- 1 cup rinsed uncooked quinoa and 1 cup thawed frozen corn
- two cups of vegetable stock
- Chili powder, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic salt and two tablespoons of cumin
- 0.5 teaspoons dried thyme
- chopped half a cup of green onions
- Combine all ingredients, with the exception of the green onions, in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes, covered with tin foil.
- After removing the tin foil, continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and the liquid has mostly been absorbed.
- Sprinkle the casserole with green onions after taking it out of the oven and letting it sit for five minutes so that all of the liquid can be absorbed. Serve and have fun!