Sweet Potato Turkey Chili
Sweet Potato Turkey Chili is incredibly simple to cook in a crock pot and is so meaty and thick! filled with a ton of fragrant spices, diced green chiles, tomato, sweet potato, onion, and ground turkey, all of which are nutritious components! Whole30, the Paleo diet, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Sweet Potato Turkey Chili Ingredients
- a teaspoon of avocado oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 pounds of pounded turkey, plus 1 chopped red onion
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into pieces 1 inch wide (or 2 medium)
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1-can of diced green chilies, 4 ounces
- Chicken broth, one cup
- Jalapeno, diced, one
- Diced tomatoes in 1 28-ounce can
- 1 can of tomato sauce, 14 ounces
- a half-teaspoon of cumin
- Chili powder, 3 teaspoons
- Paprika, half a teaspoon
- 50 ml of sea salt
- Oregano, 1 teaspoon
- 1/four teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cilantro
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Turkey Chili :
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil to a medium temperature. Sauté the onion for three minutes, or until it becomes translucent. Cook for an additional 30 seconds before adding the minced garlic. Cook the ground turkey until it is browned on all sides, breaking it up with a spatula as you go.
- In the slow cooker, place the ground turkey. Seasonings, sweet potato, bell pepper, diced green chiles, chicken broth, jalapeo, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce are all included in the mix.
- Cover with a top and cook on low intensity for 6-8 hours, or high intensity for 3-4 hours.
- Serve warm and top with whatever toppings you like.
- Change the instant pot’s setting to sauté. After adding the garlic and onions to the interior of the pot, add avocado oil. The onion should begin to soften after 3 to 5 minutes of sautéing. Cook, breaking up any chunks of ground turkey and browning the meat until it is no longer pink, until
- Press cancel to turn off the Instant Pot sauté setting. Seasonings should be added along with the sweet potato, bell pepper, diced green chilies, chicken broth, diced jalapeo, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce and paste. Give it a thorough stir.
- Set the vent to “sealing” and put the instant pot’s lid on. Manually, cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. The Instant Pot may warm up for 10 to 15 minutes before the timer starts counting down from 15 minutes. Quickly release the button when the timer goes off to immediately let out the pressure. Keep warm.